Autism is a neurological developmental condition that can impede areas of communication, behaviour, cognition and sensory integration to varying degrees. These unique variables for individuals can pose complex barriers to their learning journey requiring a person centred approach to support.
Individual Assessments therefore provide a range of options that can be tailored to the individuals’ needs, options include:
- Identification of support needs and recommendations based on information gained from a variety of sources.
- Informal screening of co-existing conditions such as; anxiety and visual stress to alleviate further barriers to learning.
- 1:1 support sessions with the learner on a regular basis to suit the individual.
- Regular progress reviews and target setting for individuals and organisations as required.
- Attendance at annual review and professional meetings to ensure collaborative practice.
- Advice and advocacy for the individual and parents when needed.
- Transitional support from settings and preparation for adulthood.
- Autism friendly audit and advice for the educational setting.
- Staff autism awareness advice and workshops to support the individual.
- Bespoke resources to support individuals with particular differences.