Sensory integration differences stem from a neurological condition whereby information or signals received by the brain are misinterpreted. If an individual experiences an imbalance of senses their attention is often taken away from the task in hand as the body attempts to compensate for the imbalance. Differences in sensory integration are common with several learning difficulties and can make overall barriers to learning complex.
Individual Assessments offer support for sensory integration alongside other barriers to learning in several ways such as;
- Screening for visual stress.
- Multi-sensory techniques during 1:1 support sessions.
- Informal sensory integration assessments.
- Use of bespoke sensory specific resources.
- Sensory friendly environment audit and advice.